Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mission Placement Update

I sent this email out last week, and suppose it is past time I also update here. I was hoping to have more details to share before doing so, but I am realizing that at this rate, I may be boarding an international flight before I know much more! So here is what I do know...

It is with great joy and celebration that I write and am able to share an update today! After months of waiting, I finally have received a definitive placement through The United Methodist Church’s Mission Intern program. Following two weeks of training in September and October, I will be moving to Johannesburg, South Africa, where I will be serving at Central Methodist Church for the next year and a half. The details about what my duties will entail while serving at Central Methodist are still being worked out, but as the ministry opportunities there are so vast, I am more excited than anything to learn of the ways I will be invited to serve.

If you are reading this, it is likely that you have played a role in my life that has helped to make me who I am - Thank you! I have felt called to go and serve in the mission field for years, and today I am working out the final details of that coming to be. There are many preparations yet to be made, many changes about to be undergone, and many prayers that will continue to be needed in the years to come. As I prepare to enter into this new chapter of my life, I do so with joy and excitement, knowing that this is truly the place to which only God could have led me. The journey to this place has certainly been an adventurous one, and I hope you will join me in the adventures yet to follow.

No comments: