Friday, October 3, 2008

Jumping from Planes

At 4:00 Wednesday afternoon, I got a call from my youngest brother.

Getting a call from Aaron is always an adventure in and of itself. He never calls without a reason to do so. Sometimes he need something, but more often than not he is calling to share a story. Its and adventure, though, because he never just tells it. He makes you figure it out (fortunately, I'm getting good at the game, so its less frustrating than it used to be, and almost fun). He's done this lots of times, with stories about everything from what concert he's going to, to what trip he's been on, even to having his truck stolen. This time, it went something like this...

Me: What's up?
Aaron: Nothing, just called to say hi.
Just to say hi, huh?
Yep. I'm in Des Moines with some friends.
What's in Des Moines? You visiting someone?
Nope. Just here with friends.
Ok, so why aren't you talking to them instead of calling me?
We haven't talked in a while, so I thought I'd call and let you know I'm alive and well.
Alive and well? Is there a reason you wouldn't be?
No, not really. I'm fine. I mean, I only (speeds up and talks fast): fell 10,000 feet today.
You did what?
Not a big deal. Just had a bit of a fall.
10,000 feet?!? What? Did you go skydiving?!
Yea. No big deal, though.
Was it AWESOME!? I've always wanted to go!!
Yea, pretty much. (Goes into detail...)
WAIT - Had you ever even been in a plane before today?
(excited I caught on) Nope!! The first time I got in a plane was today - and I jumped out of it!!!

How's that for a story? haha. He swears it was so great he wants to go again, so he'll look into where he can do it closer to Chicago... so that I can go with him (in the spring). How fun is that!? I've always wanted to go, so I guess we'll see :)

No comments: