Saturday, October 11, 2008

What a Week!

This week has been full of exciting news and events!

On Wednesday, I received an email from the 2008 General Assembly of the National Council of Churches/Church World Service. I have been invited to attend the assembly as one of ten Young Adult Stewards for the gathering. Full details of what this entails are yet to come, but it does mean I have been offered a position of leadership and an opportunity to learn more about the Council, and I am honored and excited for what it will bring. (and nervous... about missing an entire week of school/work in November! eek!!)

Later in the afternoon on Wednesday, I received a call from someone on Oprah's audience department asking me to attend a taping on Friday morning. Lets be honest... I can't remember the last time I even watched her show at this point... but I wasn't about to say no! It was fun the two times I'd done it before, so why not? Since I had to miss my spin class to go, it was an easy decision who to take with me: my go-everywhere, do-everything, never-go-a-day without seeing each other new "best" friend, Leanne. Unfortunately, it was pretty lame and didn't run as smoothly as it has in the past. In part, I am sure, because it was taped live this time, and it is usually recorded. Eh, well - a new experience, and even if he didn't get more than ten words in, it was cool to be there when Ben Stiller was on!! (I LOVE him!!) Chris Rock was there too, and pretty funny, as always. Good times... :)

Following Oprah and a quick lunch stop, Leanne and I went to pick up my bike... and get her fitted for one. Good news, bad news: Leanne is now fitted and looking and after a quick ride around the block, is pretty sure she's in this for the long haul (too bad its such an expensive sport). bad news: I picked mine up, and all was well, its in near PERFECT condition, but the guy at the shop thinks that while this one will work, its close enough in size that if at all possible, I should get the next frame size down. :(

So... I have the bike... but I put it back up on Craigslist and am hoping it will sell for not just what I've paid for it, but also for what I've already put into it. ugh.

No comments: