Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Big Primary Night

I haven't talked about the presidential primaries here in a long time. This is partly because I have not been following them as closely, and partly because its been such a roller-coaster that I knew wouldn't end for quite some time. I was hoping tonight would end it... but alas, the vote seems split again.

No matter which Democratic candidate you like and why, for me, it all comes down to this: I really do not think Clinton can win a general election. Too many people hate her! Obama, on the other hand, is a uniter, and I have heard MANY Republicans say they would vote for him over McCain. People on both sides like him... and I'm convinced that if he gets the bid, the Democrats will take office in January of 2009. Praise God!

There has never been - and probably never will be - a candidate I could fully stand behind in every issue. I'm not sure there is such a thing as a perfect candidate, and so I acknowledge that there are plenty of things about Obama I do not like right along side all of the things I do like. Regardless, I am pleased he took North Carolina - the biggest primary state that remains - tonight. It looks like Clinton took Indiana (it was really close!)... which means the race is not yet over. (If Obama had been able to win both, there was a good chance she'd drop out). This "race" seems to be going on and on... but in no time, it will be November. 6 months from now, elections will be over, and hopefully we'll have a new (historic, not just a white male!!!!) president elected. I look forward to this greatly.

No comments: