Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ride:Well Update

I didn't know what else to write except THANK YOU for the many who are supporting our tour, so this is what I posted on the Ride:Well site. I thought it only appropriate to post it here as well.

It is late and I should have been in bed an hour ago, but while I have internet access I wanted to give a quick update.

Every day, this trip keeps getting better. The team is growing closer together, we are finding ways to be more efficient and let things run more smoothly, there is increasing humor in every story, and we now have a plethora of inside jokes to share. Life on the road is good.

Today we crossed into the great (nation) state of Texas. On the weather channel tonight we took a look at a US map. It is one thing to make a mental note of how far we've been. It is something entirely different to look at a map and see how far we've been. In case you've forgotten today, this team of cyclers are AMAZING, and have accomplished SO much!

Every day I am surrounded by opportunities to laugh, reflect on what we're doing, build relationships, and most of all, be INSPIRED. Inspired by our team, but the amazing hospitality and Christian love we have been shown, by the strangers we meet along the way who want to know more, give money, or get involved.

Every day, I am reminded that I didn't come on this journey because of any reason other than I felt like it was where I was being called to be for the summer. And every day, in good times and bad (which have fortunately been seldom), I know that it was right, and this is good. God is Good. God is among us. and God is shinning through the riders, strangers, and communities that surround me. and I am thankful.

For those of you who are reading and updating more regularly than I, thank you. Your support is greatly appreciated!!! I hope we are able to meet out on the road over the next 5 weeks...

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I think you all are amazing!!!
keep it up!