Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Song For You

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Payson (dorms), to Show Low (church)

Most of the day today, I have had a song stuck in my head. What song, you ask? One written by two of our team members, Dave and Bargo. It isn’t the same as hearing it, but let me share the words with you:

Tires and Wires
…Don’t Mix
When your Tires Hit Wires,
…You Must Fix
Jessica Blockers
Tires Hit Wires
Now She’s a Crier
And we’re all Goodbyers
Cuz We gotta get Going
Down the Road (x2)
Down the Road, Road, Road!

I’ve been in a rut today. I think my extrovert has been on overdrive, and I am really needing to have some quality alone time. What really sounds good is community worship with our team, as we haven’t really had an opportunity to do so. Everything about this trip has been fantastic, through our shared struggles and joys and the huge obstacles we have already overcome. It has also been really busy, and incredibly exhausting. My prayer today is that as I work to re-focus on what we’re doing, how and why, I am also able to adjust my priorities and make sure that even though we’re running on so little sleep, my spiritual life is suffering when I take the free time I do have to sleep. Getting up a bit earlier or sacrificing a precious 30 minutes of sleep before bed in the evening will be worth every minute of devotional time. It will serve as the energizer I really need both for the present and in my faith journey that continues to stretch and challenge me.

No comments: