Tuesday, January 29, 2008

70 degree weather change in one day!

I'm literally FREEZING COLD, and shivering from head to toe. But at least I can feel my toes now, and they don't feel like they are going to burn off. This is different from 20 minutes ago.

First things first- why does the weather in the Midwest continue to surprise me after so many years!?!? When Ali and I left for the gym at 9:30 this morning, it was 48F outside. When I came home and checked the weather at 11pm, we'd been in the middle of a blizzard for a few hours, and it was -is!- 4F, -19F with the wind chill. That's a 70 degree F difference!!! BRRR!!!!

Then, on the way home tonight, I had to wait for TWENTY FIVE MINUTES for a train at Howard! Crazy train issues that are unacceptable led to this (of which I won't go into excessive detail here), but all I know is it was absolutely unacceptable! That is dangerously cold, and I was seriously concerned as I waddled to the train when it finally came. Waddled, that is, because the front half of my feet were literally so cold they were burning and it hurt to walk. And for the record- I was dressed appropriately with thick socks and my boots on. It was just that cold.

*sigh* A long (but good! until the end) day. I'm going to stay curled up with layers of clothes and blankets until I'm warm, then off to bed. I hope you all are staying warm tonight! Say an extra prayer for the homeless tonight, that they make it safely to warming centers in this dangerous weather.

No comments: