Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Reflective Day, An Opportunity to Be Thankful

It has been snowing all day, and is supposed to continue snowing all night. It is absolutely beautiful.

I love this kind of snow. It is different from the snow that blew in a blizzardy whirlwind a couple of days ago when I wondered if I was ever going to feel my toes again. Today, though it is windy and still being called a blizzard, it is a more fresh kind of snow. The kind of snow that comes down delicately and I watch it or walk in it (I have done both today), it reminds me of hope and peacefulness. With this peace comes great joy and a mood of reflectiveness.

I am thankful to live in a place that has the opportunity to see seasons of change in this way. Also important is the fact that I live in a place in which the whole world doesn't shut down, even when 6-12 inches of snow are expected- for that, I am thankful. I am thankful that I have a warm place to go at the end of the day. I am thankful for public transportation so that those of us who do choose to venture outside in this weather do not have to worry about arriving there safely. I am thankful for friends who are willing to go out in this weather with me, that we do not have to miss the final showing of "For the Bible Tells Me So" because of this snow storm.

Finally, I am thankful for the opportunity to sit and be reflective on this peaceful day, and that I am able to express such thanksgivings. Life is Good. God is Good. I am thankful for these things...

No comments: