Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cambridge is beautiful!

Greetings from Cambridge!

England is a wonderful, beautiful country! I am so glad to have finally made it here!

We're staying in Cambridge and spending our days in lectures at Wesley Church. Today we had a bit of time to walk around in Cambridge, and it is SO beautiful! I can't wait to have more time to go into the Cathedrals, see more places, just roam the streets. The best part of being in England is the architecture. Its so distinct, so elegant, so beautiful!

We also made it to Ely today. The Cathedral was beautiful, but I didn't get many pictures as I spent so much time marveling in it, that by the time we really had a chance to, it was getting dark. *sigh*

It really was a brilliant idea to study the Wesley's and early Methodism from England. Our British lecturers have been brilliant, and I am quite sure I would not have been so engaged had we sat in a classroom in the US to hear something of a far different perspective from an American. And as we fight jet-lag, that's really saying something!

I'm looking forward to the rest of the trip: seeing more of Cambridge, spending time in London, Bristol and Oxford... it is going to be great!!

Surely there will be more udpates, though not necessarily until I after I return. (the internet here is EXPENSIVE!!)

oh...and how could I forget? Happy Birthday, Aaron! (my little brother turns 22 today!). That, and I can't wait to hear how the primaries go tonight in New Hampshire...

1 comment:

Alex said...

I saw Cambridge and thought "Jen's in Canada and didn't tell me"

Then I read further...different Cambridge than the one in Ontario Canada.