Saturday, March 15, 2008

St. Patty's In Chicago

Living in Chicago, there are many opportunities of things to do that I do not take advantage of. Today was not one of those days. Every year on St. Patrick's Day, Chicago - a very Irish city! - dyes the river green. I went down with some friends to see it last year, and it was awesome! So this year, I decided to go back and make it an annual tradition.

The green river is one of the coolest things Chicago does, I think. Its cool because even those of us who are family-friendly (14-month old Katie joined us!) and sober at 10 in the morning on St. Patty's Day weekend can go down and have a good time. It was a great group of folks to go down with. Good to see "old friends" - and by old, I mean people I get to say hello to on campus each week, but haven't managed time to really hang out with. Ross was among those... and it was good to spend the morning in his company (though we missed Amanda!).

No comments: