Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Today is going to be another beautiful day of springtime weather and sunshine... and I cannot wait for it! Even on weeks like this one, when I am running from meeting to meeting, spending hours sitting to research and write, my life is made better by the sunshine. The small glimpses of the shinning sun I get while I walk from home to class or from the el into the church are not as much as I would like, but its just enough to give me the breath of fresh air I need to keep me going!

I had a WONDERFUL time in South Africa last summer, but since it was winter there, it also means I never really had a summer. Now, that is making me appreciate this warm, spring-like weather even more. Anticipation of a real (HOT!) summer for the first time in two years is definitely something to be thankful for! I'll be on the road in the dessert for much of that... and I can't wait!

No comments: