Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ride:Well Tour

Family, Friends, and Readers of this Blog:

I have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a member of the support staff on a bicycle trip from Los Angeles to Washington D.C. The goal of this cross-country trip is to raise funds and awareness for Blood:Water Mission and the 1,000 Wells Project, an initiative designed to bring wells, sanitation projects, and health clinics to underdeveloped communities in Sub-Saharan Africa. I will be joining beneficiaries of this program and stopping in towns to enlist churches, businesses and individuals in active support of this project.

The Ride:Well Tour is scheduled for June 6-July 28. More information about this ride and Blood:Water Mission may be found online at www.ridewelltour.org. There you will also be able to see my profile page and read my trip journal during my tour.

In an effort to keep all donations raised throughout the summer going directly into grassroots projects on the ground in Africa, each member of the team is required to raise enough money to pay for their place on the team. This means I need to raise US$3,000, which includes $1,985 that will go directly to Venture Expeditions (the company running the tour), pus plus an additional US$1000 for other costs such as airfare and my cell phone while we're on the road.

I will meet my fundraising goal if 30 of my friends and/or family donate $100.00 each.

All donations to Venture Expeditions (the company running the tour) are tax-deductible. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation for this trip, please make your check payable to Venture Expeditions and mail it to:
Venture Expeditions
350 W. Burnsville Parkway,
Suite #200

Burnsville, MN 55337

If you would like to help me offset my other costs for the trip, I have set up an easy way for you to donate online through Paypal. Simply click on the button on the right of this page, and all donations will be wired to a special account I have set up for the Ride:Well Tour. Please know that any funds raised in the manner that go over and above expenses I have will be donated back to Blood:Water Mission and the 1000 Wells Project.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, or leave a comment here and I will gladly contact you.

No comments: