Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Day to Celebrate

Taking this moment to share a time of celebration. Celebration for new life, for healing, for the miraculous recoveries and for hurdles we overcome.

In the midst of my own struggles and challenges with daily life and all that is required of me as a seminary student, an intern and future leader of the church, as a friend and as a sister.... I celebrate the gift of life and the healing hand God blesses each of us with. As a friend prepares to leave the ICU tomorrow after 3 weeks of strength and courage and recovery after a huge surgery, I am thankful.

I count my blessings, and seek to remember that even when I am burdened by papers to write, sermons to preach, and interviews to survive, there are bigger things at work behind all of this.

In all things, God is present, active, and alive. For that, I am thankful.

No comments: